Virginia McCombe will now be leading the B walk on Sunday 11th march.
Here is the walk description
Trefriw has a long history as a river port. It was used to transport wool in the 14th century, and later slate, lead and zinc ores in the 19th century from the surrounding hills. The present woollen mill was established in the mid 19th century. Victorian visitors also arrived by boat to “take the waters”, rich in iron and sulphur at the nearby Trefriw Spa(pre ‘elf and safety of course)
The walk includes a visit to the Fairy Falls and two of Snowdonia’s beautiful lakes, Llyn Geirionydd and Llyn Crefnant. We will then pass the ruins of Klondyke Mill – a reminder of the lead mining that once took place in the area. There are no fish in Llyn Geirionydd because of the high lead content of the water. One of the highlights of the walk is the ancient Llanrhychwyn Church, thought to be one of the oldest churches in Wales. It has no electricity so needs to be visited in daylight.
The walk includes woodland, hill paths and quiet lanes. There are no steep ascents although our overall height gain will be approx. 1000 ft.There will be the opportunity for some wonderful views given good visibility.